Nest hosts a Tea Collection give-away on our Facebook page most Tuesdays. We try to ask questions that will enrich our community. We always appreciate your input! If you would like to suggest a question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are questions we ask every year and update with new content. This was updated on 5/12/2015. We organize all the responses on our directory page here.
What are some tips and ideas for making the morning routine run smoothly and less stressful?
- Pack everything the night before, all lunch items that can be and have a morning song to get out the door! (2015)
- Its all about the night before in our house. Lay out clothing w kids help/approval so they feel like they have a voice to choose what to wear (even with uniform). Then after I get them to bed, if I have energy I prepare backpacks and make lunches. It makes all the difference for our family. (2015)
- I use bribery, If they want to watch a show before we leave, they have to be completely ready to go. Not necessarily a huge fan of TV, but it seems to work! (2015)
- Put out breakfast dishes and cups so there is less to do in the morning. (2015)
- Stick to the same routine every morning. Pack most of the lunch the night before (somethings I slice and add in the morning).
I suspect removing all books from the bedroom would speed our morning process. Getting dressed (clothes out the night before) requires multiple reminders and still after 30 minutes she is sitting on the floor naked reading. Arg!!! (2015)
- talk about what’s going to happen–give a lot of information (2015)
Whatcha think? What are we missing?
Disclaimer: This post was created from answers to a question on our Facebook page; Nest is not responsible for the content of this post, nor have we fact checked any of your answers. Please use this information at your own discretion – we’re simply passing on your answers as a courtesy to our customers!