Nest hosts a Tea Collection give-away on our Facebook page most Tuesdays. We try to ask questions that will enrich our community. We always appreciate your input! If you would like to suggest a question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are questions we ask every year and update with new content. We organize all the responses on our directory page here.
We are looking for recommendations/
- My older child… Two novels so she never runs out of something to read. The younger one a couple toys. Scenery out the window, it’s good to be bored sometimes… Encourages thought, creativity, conversation, appreciation of the nature around us. (2016)
- We have a basket full of books and toys for car trips and we also listen to audio books-right now it’s Danny, Champion of the World. (2016)
- Stickers and those reusable sticker or magnet scenes (they can keep my toddler entertained for ages). (2016)
- Books on tape–“the Never Ending Story” is a good one. (2016)
- Don’t forget water bottle & snack and always have them go to the bathroom before leaving/getting on plane, etc. (2015)
- We do some pep talks the days before. Snacks, crafts, music, and movies are always safe bets. We also give our kids chances to earn points along the way, when they earn a certain amount they get to choose activities we do next or where we eat or a trinket. Helps get them excited about where we r going and feel empowered. (2015)
- Invent your own games! Like “guess what I’m spelling!” (2015)
- For young ones…sticker books, activity books, small figurines, and when desperation sets in use the iPad for games and movies. (2015)
- “I spy” or an “etch a sketch” has saved us many times. We do “etch a sketch” challenges like, “Can you make a circle?” and “Can you write your name in cursive?” (2015)
- Have your child pack a little backpack of toys and books. (2014)
- Pack a surprise toy, book, coloring book or game in their carry-on bags. New toy = entertained child (for that day anyway) (2014)
- Snacks- don’t forget them! Same with bottles and diapers if applicable. (2014)
- If traveling by plane and if you can, buy the extra seat for your under 2 year old. You can strap him/her into her carseat that way. Many people find it is worth the investment in the plane ticket! (2014)
- Put the rules on hold. Let them watch movies, eat candy, run around the airport like maniacs. #survivalmode (2014)
- Put the kids in comfy clothes. And pack a few extra outfits. (2014)
- Listen to fun music on the ride. Sound of Music anyone? So long, farewell….. (2014)
- Use a CARES harness on the airplane instead of a carseat. Lessens the hassle! (2014)
- Use a baby carrier in lieu of a stroller when traveling with your super little ones. Much easier to be hands free. (2014)
- When flying with newborns, try to time feedings during take-off and landing. It helps to prevent ear pain from cabin pressure. (2014)
- For road trips, get a travel bingo set. (2014)
- I PADS! (2014)
- Wear Cargo pants so you have convenient places to stash snacks and small toys. (2014)
- Play dough (2014)
Whatcha think? What are we missing?
Disclaimer: This post was created from answers to a question on our Facebook page; Nest is not responsible for the content of this post, nor have we fact checked any of your answers. Please use this information at your own discretion – we’re simply passing on your answers as a courtesy to our customers!